[News] Simplicity Means GNU/Linux, FOSS Training Videos (Linux Mint) from Valerie Singleton

  • Subject: [News] Simplicity Means GNU/Linux, FOSS Training Videos (Linux Mint) from Valerie Singleton
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:26:36 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

SimplicITy â Linux for everyone!

,----[ Quote ]
| SimplicITy is offered in two different
| suites (Â435.99 & Â525.99 respectively),
| but what you have to consider is this is for
| a complete solution (no pondering over which
| version is most suitable).   A new user
| buying a Windows PC for example is probably
| going to be presented with choices to make
| that they are relying on the salesperson to
| know whats best.  Should they buy anti-virus
| software?  Should they have support
| extended?  Which version of Windows? As we
| all know with a proprietary platform theres
| always something else you can buy and always
| someone more than happy to sell it to you.
| SimplicITy aims to take all that away and
| present the user with a solution which is
| all in one, but more importantly, simple.
|
| Well known face Valerie Singleton is the
| host for âtrainingâ videoâs which aim to
| teach those who are new.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2009/11/13/simplicity-linux-for-everyone/

Solve your own Linux problems

,----[ Quote ]
| We've been relatively quiet over the last
| few weeks, because we've been busy pulling
| together 60 issues of Linux Format magazine,
| converting all the reader questions and
| answers about Linux into web-friendly
| formats.
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/solve-your-own-linux-problems

Recent:

Multimedia codecs on Windows vs. Linux - which one is harder?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/codecs.html