[News] New Linux-based Chumby Device Comes Out

  • Subject: [News] New Linux-based Chumby Device Comes Out
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:48:42 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Chumby Product Line Expands by One

,----[ Quote ]
| As I just got done saying a couple days ago,
| we here at OStatic love our chumbys. The
| always-on wireless device is as cute as it
| is handy, keeping you connected to all your
| favorite Web sites like Flickr, Weather.com,
| and Twitter. The chumby is fully hackable,
| from its open source software to its
| leather-and-plastic housing. Now, the chumby
| has a little sister fresh on the shelves --
| the chumby One.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/chumby-product-line-expands-by-one

Widget-enabled Internet radio gets faster, cheaper

,----[ Quote ]
| Chumby Industries is readying an updated
| version of its Linux-based "Chumby" web-
| connected clock radio. Like the original,
| the "Chumby One" streams a personalized
| broadcast of web content over WiFi, and it
| offers a much lower price, a faster
| processor, far more flash memory, an FM
| radio, and a battery option.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Chumby-One/?kc=rss

Recent:

The Chumby One: More powerful, less cushy UPDATE

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/09/30/the-chumby-one-more-powerful-less-cushie/