[News] Overview of Linux 2.6.32, Release Near (Now RC7)

  • Subject: [News] Overview of Linux 2.6.32, Release Near (Now RC7)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 23:59:22 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Kernel Log: Coming in 2.6.32 (Part 2) - Graphics

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier this month, Linus Torvalds released
| 2.6.32-rc6 â due to the Kernel Summit, RC6
| was not released the usual week after RC5,
| but two weeks after. As usual at this point
| in the development cycle, mostly minor
| patches have been merged over the past few
| days to avoid making changes that might
| introduce new bugs in the three to six
| weeks that remain until the final release
| of Linux 2.6.32.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Kernel-Log-Coming-in-2-6-32-Part-2-Graphics-858783.html

Linux 2.6.32-rc7 Kernel Released

,----[ Quote ]
| While there is already work building up for
| the Linux 2.6.33 kernel like the just
| talked about KMS page-flipping ioctl, we
| are still in the middle of the Linux 2.6.32
| development cycle. Linus Torvalds has just
| issued the 2.6.32-rc7 release after it was
| delayed by another serious -- but now fixed
| -- regression (this time in the resume
| support).
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzY5OQ

HookSafe Protects Kernel from Rootkits

,----[ Quote ]
| A research group in the computer sciences
| faculty at North Carolina State University
| has written a prototype to prevent rootkits
| from manipulating kernel object hooks to do
| their damage.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/HookSafe-Protects-Kernel-from-Rootkits

Recent: