[News] Wayland Display Server for Linux Examined

  • Subject: [News] Wayland Display Server for Linux Examined
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 00:57:08 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Kristian Talks About The Wayland Display Server

,----[ Quote ]
| A few weeks back there was the Linux Plumbers
| Conference and one of talks was hosted by
| Kristian HÃgsberg where he talked about his
| Wayland project. We were the first to publicly
| talk about the Wayland Display Server when it
| was in its very infancy at being an alternative
| to the X Server.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzcwOA

Recent:

Wayland's Eagle EGL Stack Gets Working DRI2

,----[ Quote ]
| It has been a while since last talking about Wayland, which is a new display
| server for Linux designed around newer X technologies like kernel
| mode-setting and the Graphics Execution Manager. Wayland is being developed
| as a side-project by Red Hat's Kristian HÃgsberg. There hasn't been anything
| too exciting to report on lately within the Wayland project, but now its
| Eagle component has a working DRI2 back-end.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzA2OQ

The Future Of EGL On Linux With Mesa, Eagle

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzM3NQ