[News] A Look at Compiz-Fusion in Gentoo and Puppy Linux

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Compiz-Fusion in Gentoo and Puppy Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 01:09:50 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Compiz-Fusion in Gentoo

,----[ Quote ]
| The Gentoo Linux Wiki has a short but decent
| article on installing Compiz-Fusion.
| However, after following the article myself,
| I found it was missing some rather important
| information. I'm running Compiz-Fusion with
| Gnome using an nVidia based card, just so
| you know.
`----

http://jhedronsplace.blogspot.com/2009/11/compiz-fusion-in-gentoo.html

Linux for those old PCs? This âPuppyâ shows you how

,----[ Quote ]
| Newcomers to Linux get a real treat from
| Puppy Linux: It initially runs from memory
| and from the CD, leaving your hard drive
| alone in case you donât want to stick with
| the Puppy. But I think youâll like the way
| it works, and installing it onto the hard
| drive after your tryout is a simple as
| clicking an âInstallâ icon and following the
| prompts.
|
| The word processor in Puppy Linux is
| Abiword, compatible with Microsoft Word. You
| also get a calendar, instant-message
| program, music software and a simple photo
| editor, among many other programs.
`----

http://blog.syracuse.com/entertainment/2009/11/linux_for_those_old_pcs_this_p.html

Recent:

Puppy Linux Built From Ubuntu Still Has 99 MB

,----[ Quote ]
| As compared with earlier candidates, version 4.3
| of Puppy Linux puts you in total control of
| choosing the desired packages from various Linux
| distributions such as Debian, Ubuntu, Arch or
| Slackware. The Puppy Unleashed build system was
| replaced by a new one, called Woof, which is
| capable to process packages from almost any
| existing Linux distribution.
`----

http://www.downloadtube.com/blog/2009/10/20/puppy-linux-built-from-ubuntu-still-has-99-mb/

Puppy Linux 4.3 gains bugfix, rave reviews

,----[ Quote ]
| The Puppy Linux project has released a 4.3.1
| bugfix upgrade for last month's major 4.3
| release of the popular, lightweight GNU/Linux
| distro. Puppy Linux 4.3, which has been
| rebuilt with a new "Woof" build system and PPM
| package manager, has received a number of
| positive reviews.
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS7533484259.html?kc=rss

Thoughts: Puppy Linux 4.3 on Older Laptop

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=12534