[News] Mandriva One 2010 Receives Another Great Review

  • Subject: [News] Mandriva One 2010 Receives Another Great Review
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 01:12:21 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Distro Review: Mandriva One 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâve enjoyed using Mandriva 2010 and one thing
| I wanted to see was how the different desktop
| editions compared. In the past Iâve always
| thought of Mandriva as a mostly KDE centric
| distro, rightly or wrongly, thatâs been my
| impression. I can definitely say thereâs no
| favouritism here, both versions are well
| thought out. There are little differences but
| you wonât be missing anything no matter which
| you choose.
`----

http://danlynch.org/blog/2009/11/mandriva/

Recent:

Mandriva 2010 Spring development has begun

,----[ Quote ]
| One week ago, Mandriva Cooker, which will
| lead to version 2010 Spring in about 6
| months was opened again. In 8 days, this
| has resulted in almost 1100 package
| updates.
`----

http://artipc10.vub.ac.be/wordpress/mandriva/mandriva-2010-spring-development-has-begun.html

Mandriva One 2010.0 (including Moblin UI)

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva 2010 includes the usual array of
| utilities, applications and packages.
| Firefox 3.5.5, OpenOffice 3.1.1, GIMP for
| grpahics, Amarok for audio and Dragon Player
| for video, and of course lots of KDE
| applications and applets. If a particular
| package that you want, need or prefer isn't
| installed, you can generally find it through
| "Install & Remove Software", as I did for
| things like Thunderbird.
|
| [...]
|
| To summarize, Mandriva 2010 is, as expected,
| a worthy successor in their long line of
| distributions. It installs easily, it
| supports all of the hardware that I tried it
| on with ease, and it works well. Their
| Moblin desktop seems to work better than
| Moblin's own distribution, but that is
| rather thin praise. If you have been using
| Mandriva Linux previously, you are likely to
| be pleased with this one.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10014439o-2000498448b,00.htm

The Perfect Desktop - Mandriva One 2010.0 With GNOME

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.howtoforge.com/the-perfect-desktop-mandriva-one-2010.0-with-gnome