[News] HPC Shows That GNU/Linux Has Already Won Some Areas

  • Subject: [News] HPC Shows That GNU/Linux Has Already Won Some Areas
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:11:55 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux rulz: Top500 says so

,----[ Quote ]
| Todayâs release of the list of the top 500
| supercomputers shows that well over 90% are
| running Linux.  Also, IBMâs Roadrunner has
| finally been dethroned; in a big way!
`----

http://www.itwire.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29362&Itemid=53

Linux dominates top 500 supercomputer list

,----[ Quote ]
| The latest Top 500 Supercomputer list is
| now out (see my colleague Andy Patrizio's
| story on InternetNews.com), with the top
| rig doubling its performance to 1.75
| petaflops.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2009/11/linux-dominates-top-500-superc.html

Jaguar supercomputer races past Roadrunner in Top500

,----[ Quote ]
| The most popular operating system is Linux,
| with 90 percent of the Top500.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10397627-92.html

China joins supercomputer elite

,----[ Quote ]
| The IBM computer is owned by the Department
| of Energy's Los Alamos National Laboratory
| in New Mexico and was the first machine to
| push through the petaflop barrier.
|
| It is currently able to run at 1.042 petaflops and uses the powerful
| "cell" chip designed for the PlayStation 3.

Days ago:

PelicanHPC GNU Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----