[News] Microsoft Accused of Lying by Chair of Denmark's Standards Committee, ODF 1.2 Update

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Accused of Lying by Chair of Denmark's Standards Committee, ODF 1.2 Update
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 02:17:03 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

DK: Chair of Denmark's standards committee: 'Microsoft is lying'

,----[ Quote ]
| Mogens KÃhn Pedersen, chair of the Danish
| Standards Committee, says Microsoft is
| lying when it says it will implement ISO
| OOXML in the next version of its suite of
| office applications.
|
| On Saturday Pedersen accused the software
| vendor of lying, in an article by the
| Danish news site Business.dk, part of the
| newspaper Berlingske Tidene. Pedersen,
| professor of Informatics at the Copenhagen
| Business School, on Monday afternoon
| confirmed his statement: "I realise these
| are blunt remarks to make as chair of the
| committee, but when you advise the
| government you have to tell the truth."
`----

http://www.osor.eu/news/dk-chair-of-denmarks-standards-committee-microsoft-is-lying

ODF 1.2, Part 3 goes out for Public Review

,----[ Quote ]
| A major milestone for ODF 1.2 was reached
| on Friday. Part 3 of ODF 1.2, which
| specifies document packaging (how a
| document's XML, images and metadata are
| combined into a single file and are
| optionally encrypted or signed), went out
| for a 60-day public review period. This
| public review period will run through
| January 12th, 2010. A public review is a
| necessary OASIS procedure before a
| Committee Draft can be approved as a
| Committee Specification and then as an
| OASIS Standard.
`----

http://www.robweir.com/blog/2009/11/odf-12-part-3-goes-out-for-public.html

European Interoperability Framework v2.0 vs. the Visby Agenda

,----[ Quote ]
| A couple of weeks ago I wrote about what
| looked like a troubling move away from
| openness on the part of the European Union.
| Claims that the leaked European
| Interoperability Framework wasn't really a
| draft of version 2 were pretty
| unconvincing, and I have heard a rumour
| that the people involved may be starting to
| backpedal in the face of the outcry. So
| clearly there's some confusion about what's
| really happening in Europe in the area of
| openness.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?blogid=14&entryid=2642

Recent:

OpenOffice.org and ODF Plugfest Conference 2009

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://robertogaloppini.net/2009/10/24/openofficeorg-and-odf-plugfest-conference-2009/