Re: Market Thug Mark Cuban Recommends Gangster Approach for Microsoft

____/ Rex Ballard on Wednesday 18 Nov 2009 22:03 : \____

> On Nov 18, 10:25 am, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz pulled this from the public archive -
>
>> > Mark Cuban counsels Google-busting bribery
>> > ,----[ Quote ]
>> > `----
>
>> >http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/17/google_delisting_payments/
>
>> "You can make sure that your potential customers don't have any way to reach
>> you via the most popular search engine on the planet.  You just have to get
>> the word out to them to use Bing instead."
>
> Some interesting searches fo to try on Bing
>
> Linux
> OpenOffice
> Java
>
> Compare what you get to what you get from Google.
>
> On Bing:
> NO Pro-Linux articles
> Advertisements for Microsoft Products.
> Irrelevant advertising.
>
> On Google
> Pro and Con articles and references
> Advertisements directly related to the searched content.
> A few ads from competitors.

Yes, even Microsoft moles (Microsoft boosters masquerading as "journalists")
pointed this out.

>> Yeah, that'll work.
>
>> Beware the one behind you.

âItâs not the first entry for Microsoft, They do this about once a year. From
Bingâs perspective, they have a bunch of new ideas and there are some things
that are missing. We think search is about comprehensiveness, freshness, scale
and size for what we do. Itâs difficult for them to copy that.â

			--Google CEO, regarding Bing

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: the buttocks is the largest muscle
Tasks: 140 total,   1 running, 139 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie