[News] Extensions Barrier Keeps Firefox Ahead in the Game

  • Subject: [News] Extensions Barrier Keeps Firefox Ahead in the Game
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 00:27:05 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Will Google really outfox Firefox?

,----[ Quote ]
| Google Chrome is a nifty little browser, but
| to date it's hardly had the impact of
| Mozilla's Firefox.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/web/will-google-outfox-firefox--651780

Chrome extensions approach release

,----[ Quote ]
| That space used to be occupied by the themes
| gallery, but in the newest versions of Chrome
| and Chromium on Mac, Windows and Linux the
| jigsaw pattern appears instead. A couple of
| sample extensions, built by Google, are
| already working - a Google Mail Checker and
| BuildBot Monitor.
`----

http://m.pocket-lint.com/news/news.phtml/29617

Recent:

Rule the Web with Four Firefox Add-ons

,----[ Quote ]
| Most of the time, we think of the Web as
| static: We accept sites the way they are and
| grumble about the problems with sites that
| arenât entirely optimal. With Firefox, this
| isnât necessarily the way it has to be. With
| a few well-placed add-ons, you can tweak
| some of your favorite sites to be just what
| you want them to be.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7595/1.html

6 must have addons to enhance your Openoffice.org experience

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2009/10/6-must-have-addons-to-enhance-your-open.html