[News] Signs of The Times: GNU/Linux and Firefox for Work, Firefox 3.6 Beta 3 Near

  • Subject: [News] Signs of The Times: GNU/Linux and Firefox for Work, Firefox 3.6 Beta 3 Near
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 01:41:08 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Signs O' The Times

,----[ Quote ]
| 3. I am using my own laptop, as apparently
| there isn't the budget even for mices. This
| doesn't bother me overly, though it does
| strike me as a tad cheeky. The upside is that
| I'm using Ubuntu in a shared production
| environment for the first time ever. This
| includes GIMP, Geany, Evolution and Firefox.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10014472o-2000332346b,00.htm

Firefox 3.6 Beta 3 (Revision 3) Is Cooking

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla is cooking a new Beta Build of the
| next iteration of its open source browser.
| Early adopters will have a fresh revision,
| the third one since Firefox 3.6 debuted into
| Beta stage, available for download soon.
| Whether referred to as Firefox 3.6 Beta 3 or
| Firefox 3.6 Beta revision 3, the new release
| is just around the corner. In fact, Mozilla
| plans to release it either later today or
| tomorrow morning. At the start of this week,
| the company building the Firefox open source
| browser was undecided as to the specific
| deadline for the availability of Firefox 3.6
| Beta 3/Revision 3.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Firefox-3-6-Beta-3-Revision-3-Is-Cooking-127222.shtml

Recent:

Mozilla desktop software is borrowing from Google e-mail features

,----[ Quote ]
| In the following few weeks Mozilla is
| introducing the new version of its
| Thunderbird, lets users keep their inbox
| clutter-free with a Gmail-like "archive"
| button for permanently storing older
| messages, while removing them from day-to-
| day sight.
|
| Thus, Thunderbird 3 also presents tabbed e-
| mail â compatible to tabbed browsing
| available on most Web browsers, including
| Mozilla's own Firefox. The user will get an
| ability quickly jump back and forth between
| e-mail messages by opening them in separate
| tabs.
`----

http://www.ecommerce-journal.com/news/25216_mozilla-desktop-software-borrowing-google-e-mail-features?drgn=1

Benchmarks Show Firefox 3.6 Fastest Version Yet

,----[ Quote ]
| Although Mozilla's Firefox 3.6 is still in
| beta, the CRN Test Center reviewers wanted
| to take a look at it because we measure the
| progress of a browser in development by
| doing a series of benchmark tests against
| each alpha, beta and final versions to
| determine whether there are performance
| improvements with each release. For
| instance, when we tested Firefox 3.6 Alpha
| 1, we were pretty impressed with the
| benchmark results.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/221601241;jsessionid=R14QI2HGKS5LRQE1GHPSKH4ATMY32JVN

Mozilla releases second Firefox 3.6 beta

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-10395255-264.html