[News] GNOME Gets New Release Prepared, Zeitgeist Explained

  • Subject: [News] GNOME Gets New Release Prepared, Zeitgeist Explained
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 02:42:38 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Second GNOME 2.30 Development Release

,----[ Quote ]
| While GNOME 2.30 will not be the release
| that goes on to become GNOME 3.0 (instead
| it will be GNOME 2.32 in September that
| grabs the "3.0" tag), the second
| development release for the 2.30 series is
| now available.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzcyMA

What We Talk About When We Talk About Zeitgeist

,----[ Quote ]
| There is a tangible confusion around as to
| what Zeitgeist is and what it isnât; what
| it can do and what it canât do. This is
| partly our own fault because we could have
| communicated this whole thing better, for
| instance we have some very outdated wiki
| pages lying around that you should probably
| stay away from until we updated them. In
| this post I aim to give a semi technical
| run down of the core Zeitgeist
| functionality and how we expose it for you
| to work with. This should hopefully clear
| out some confusion.
`----

http://www.grillbar.org/wordpress/?p=426

Linux Outlaws 122 - In a Gnome Shell

,----[ Quote ]
| This week on the show: Source for Android
| 2.0 has been released, Microsoft admits GPL
| violation, SAP disses Sun, Microsoft
| patents sudo?, Windows 7 runs bad on
| netbooks, Fab tries out Gnome Shell and
| much more.
`----

http://linuxoutlaws.com/podcast/122

Recent:

Visual Tour of GNOME 3 Shell (in Ubuntu 9.10)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://digitizor.com/2009/11/09/visual-tour-of-gnome-3-shell-in-ubuntu-9-10/