[News] Qimo Developer Interview (Ubuntu GNU/Linux for Children)

  • Subject: [News] Qimo Developer Interview (Ubuntu GNU/Linux for Children)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 03:06:39 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Qimo 4 kids â NGO Interview 5

,----[ Quote ]
| After a short hiatus Iâm back with the NGO
| interviews.  This time I spoke with Michael
| and Michelle Hall of Qimo 4 kids.
|
| [...]
|
| LC: So what is your experience of this good | or bad , have you picked up any nice tips?
|
|     MH: Explaining to the people weâre
|     donating computers too that they donât
|     have Windows on them. How to create a
|     custom distro!
|
| LC: What would you suggest to our readers
| that are interested in an initiative like
| yours?
|
|     MH: Just do it.  There is no barrier to
|     entry, you probably have or know
|     somebody who has an old computer that
|     isnât being used.  You probably also
|     know a family, school or daycare that
|     canât afford to buy computers.  It
|     takes literally an hour of your time,
|     at most, and will have a life-long
|     impact on those you donate too.
`----

http://ubuntungo.wordpress.com/2009/11/18/qimo-4-kids-%E2%80%93-ngo-interview-5/

Tux Paint a Drawing program with nice effects for Children

http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/553-tux-paint-a-drawing-program-with-nice-effects-for-children

Recent:

Qimo4Kids.com - Linux For Kids

,----[ Quote ]