[News] Half a Dozen New GNU/Linux Releases: Bluewhite64, Parted Magic, Absolute...

  • Subject: [News] Half a Dozen New GNU/Linux Releases: Bluewhite64, Parted Magic, Absolute...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:56:09 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Bluewhite64 Linux 13.0 LiveDVD is released!

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm happy to announce a new version of the
| Bluewhite64 Linux 13.0 LiveDVD is ready for
| download. This new version brings the
| possibility to boot the DVD in KDE (4.3.2),
| Xfce (4.6.1) or to the command line
| interface from the beginning.
`----

http://www.bluewhite64.com/print.php?news.40

Parted Magic 4.6

,----[ Quote ]
| Parted Magic 4.6 is a mostly a bug fix
| release with some usability improvements.
`----

http://partedmagic.com/index.php?view=article&catid=3:newsflash&id=142:parted-magic-46&tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=

Absolute 13.0.4 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Several security updates, updated libs and
| beginnnings of internationalizing the
| custom scripts and apps that are part of
| Absolute (thanks to GALPon MiniNo
| Developers Team.) In addition a new utility
| to change language/keymap from a GUI
| utility.
|
| Avidemux now in base install, epdfview
| replaces xpdf, AbiWord now comes with
| collaboration plugin with proper support to
| create online accounts.
`----

http://www.absolutelinux.org/

Momonga 6.1

http://www.momonga-linux.org/

NuTyX 2009.1

http://www.nutyx.org/

Owl 20091117

http://www.openwall.com/

Recent:

Torvalds rejects one-size-fits-all Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/246534/torvalds-rejects-onesizefitsall-linux.html