[News] Openness/Freedom Spreads to Propaganda, Hardware, EtherNet/IP Stack

  • Subject: [News] Openness/Freedom Spreads to Propaganda, Hardware, EtherNet/IP Stack
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 23:02:14 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

A Wiki in advertising

,----[ Quote ]
| That thought gave birth to Linux. We also
| can inspire ourselves by looking at
| Wikipedia, or for that matter with
| ThinkCycle, a company that develops
| collaborative industrial design. Today we
| have open source aeroplane design, cola
| recipes, film scripts and even beer!
`----

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/features/brand-equity/A-Wiki-in-advertising/articleshow/5241735.cms

Hands-On Gifts For Hackers, Makers And The DIY Obsessed

,----[ Quote ]
| You donât need to buy many things either,
| since many of the kits and gadgets are
| âopen sourceâ â you can buy the parts, etch
| a circuit board, âbreadboardâ it or in some
| cases just build parts of them with what
| you may have at home by cannibalising a
| junk drawer of fail-gadgets.
`----

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2009/11/hands-on-gifts-for-hackers-makers-and-the-diy-obsessed/

Electronics Classes For Kids at Bug Labs in NYC

,----[ Quote ]
| Bug Labs is the maker of  The Bug, a
| modular open source system for building
| devices.  With different modules you can
| add GPS, motion detection or sound to your
| gadget.  They are always releasing new
| modules to help build the widget youâve
| always needed.
`----

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/11/electronics-classes-for-kids-at-bug-labs-in-nyc/

Rockwell Automation Sponsors Development of Open-Source Software Stack

,----[ Quote ]
| Rockwell Automation announced that it is
| supporting the release of a free, open-
| source EtherNet/IP software stack for I/O
| adapter devices developed by the Vienna
| University of Technology.
`----

http://www.arcweb.com/Domains/Networks/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?List=4df16a18%2D8f59%2D4d94%2Dae40%2D40f386b3874f&ID=105&RootFolder=%2FDomains%2FNetworks%2FLists%2FPosts

Recent:

Polish Ministry Creates Incentives for Sharing

,----[ Quote ]