[News] Fedora 13 Plans Surface, Fedora 12 Shows Huge Performance Boosts

  • Subject: [News] Fedora 13 Plans Surface, Fedora 12 Shows Huge Performance Boosts
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 02:31:33 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Fedora 13 May Support Btrfs System Rollbacks

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 12 was just released this week, but
| features for Fedora 13 have been in
| planning long before this release made it
| out the door. In fact, it was last month
| that we began talking about features for
| Fedora 13. One of the features though that
| has just been proposed for Fedora 13 is
| rather interesting and that is system
| rollback support via Btrfs file-system
| snapshots.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzcyNA

Intel Linux Graphics Shine With Fedora 12

,----[ Quote ]
| Lastly, we have the results from Urban
| Terror. Fedora 12 was the clear winner here
| where it offered much better performance
| than 10 and 11. In fact, the frame-rate for
| Urban Terror in Fedora 12 was doubled of
| where it was at in Fedora 11.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora_12_intel&num=1

Recent:

Gnome 3.0 Reviews â Coming on Ubuntu 10.04, Fedora 13

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://icewalkerz.blogspot.com/2009/10/gnome-30-reviews-coming-on-ubuntu-1004.html