[News] Ubuntu 9.10 GNU/Linux Now Exceptionally Simple to Run in a VM

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu 9.10 GNU/Linux Now Exceptionally Simple to Run in a VM
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:41:16 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

VMWare Workstation 7 and Ubuntu 9.10 Easy Install â Too easy?

,----[ Quote ]
| Took about 15 minutes when it was all said
| and done, including the reboot and mostly
| automated VMWare Tools install. Very nice.
| Very similar to how the last time I used
| VMWare Fusion to run Windows XP it asked for
| username, password, CD-Key, etc and
| automated the entire thing.
|
| Now, all Iâve gotta do is install 107
| updates for Karmic Koalaâ perhaps the
| installer team could have integrated a quick
| update during the install.
|
| Overall, very impressed. Could have used
| more bacon.
`----

http://www.fsckin.com/2009/11/21/vmware-workstation-7-and-ubuntu-9-10-easy-install-too-easy/

Recent:

Ubuntu Server Edition 9.10: No hardware required

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://mdzlog.alcor.net/2009/11/09/ubuntu-server-edition-9-10-no-hardware-required/