[News] Mandriva 2010 Makes New GNU/Linux Users

  • Subject: [News] Mandriva 2010 Makes New GNU/Linux Users
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:57:36 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Happy first time Linux users, with Mandriva 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| anyway, a happy user, and looks like another
| couple of Mandriva converts.
`----

http://blog.linuxbox.co.nz/2009/11/happy-first-time-linux-users-with.html

Replacing Windows Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the reason I run Linux on the desktop
| is to be able to have a local web server
| available for testing purposes and Mandriva
| makes that a simple process. to do so easily,
| however, you first have to install the
| drakwizard package from the repositories. Once
| you have done so and reloaded the control
| center, the Sharing categorywill show up which
| allows the setup of a web server. Follow up by
| installing Webmin and you have a great
| environment ready in which to play.
`----

http://techtalk.techcraftersllc.com/?p=34

Recent:

Distro Review: Mandriva One 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâve enjoyed using Mandriva 2010 and one thing
| I wanted to see was how the different desktop
| editions compared. In the past Iâve always
| thought of Mandriva as a mostly KDE centric
| distro, rightly or wrongly, thatâs been my
| impression. I can definitely say thereâs no
| favouritism here, both versions are well
| thought out. There are little differences but
| you wonât be missing anything no matter which
| you choose.
`----

http://danlynch.org/blog/2009/11/mandriva/

Mandriva 2010.0: Quite Possibly The Best KDE Distro This Year

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=1233