[News] KDE Reports on Progress Towards 4.4 Release (February)

  • Subject: [News] KDE Reports on Progress Towards 4.4 Release (February)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 01:34:45 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

digiKam and Kipi sprint

,----[ Quote ]
| The developers of digiKam and the Kipi
| project came together in Essen, Germany on
| November 13-15 for the second coding sprint
| for KDE photography applications. With
| digiKam preparing for the 1.0 release
| shortly before Christmas, plans were
| discussed and work began already in feature
| branches for the following release. A lot
| of work was put into polishing Windows
| support, with collaborative testing and bug
| fixing. The developers of Kamoso took the
| opportunity to bring Kipi support to their
| application. A lot of discussion was
| centered around a future architecture for
| Kipi plugins for syncing with web services
| and how Akonadi could help in this context.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/11/22/digikam-and-kipi-sprint

Subtle moving

,----[ Quote ]
| another quick micro thing that will be in
| Plasma for KDE 4.4: until now, the taskbar
| items appeared and disappeared "magically"
| and when a task disappeared between other
| two, every task immediately disappeared
| from where it was, appearing in the proper
| place. That is sooo computer behaviour, one
| of the little things that makes computer to
| look innatural and scary...
`----

http://www.notmart.org/index.php/Software/Subtle_moving

Javascript plasmoids

,----[ Quote ]
| The other day I met with a couple of local
| entrepreneurs whom Chani had met at the
| recent Qt Dev Days in California. The four
| of us gathered around some tasty vegetarian
| vittles and discussed small devices, Qt and
| Plasma. It was a good time and we found a
| lot of common ground .. including agreeing
| that Javascript is a great language for
| writing little user interface elements
| quickly that will run reliably.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/11/javascript-plasmoids.html

let's do coffee ;)

,----[ Quote ]
| I remember the first KDE release
| announcement I ever wrote. It was just me
| and a text editor and Coolo reminding me it
| needed to be ready in a day or two, latest.
| My how things have changed (and for the
| better).
|
| I've also been hacking my brains out in a
| few different areas for 4.4, though I'll
| blog about some of that later.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/11/lets-do-coffee.html

Recent:

PulseAudio Phonon Support now in KDE trunk and heading towards 4.4

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://colin.guthr.ie/2009/11/pulseaudio-phonon-support-now-in-kde-trunk-and-heading-towards-4-4/