[News] New PulseAudio, Other Linux Stack News

  • Subject: [News] New PulseAudio, Other Linux Stack News
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 15:21:12 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

PulseAudio 0.9.21 Arrives With Device Manager

,----[ Quote ]
| It was less than two weeks ago that
| PulseAudio 0.9.20 was released as a bug-fix
| release, but PulseAudio 0.9.21 was pushed
| out today to offer up more bug-fixes.
| Besides carrying eight bug fixes to this
| software package that is loved by some and
| hated by others, PulseAudio 0.9.21 also
| integrates the device-manager module.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzczMQ

Advisory Against WiFi Drivers in Linux Staging Tree

,----[ Quote ]
| Williams recommends working with the
| drivers "with a future," which use the
| kernel's mac80211 stack (such as the rtx00
| drivers), and leave the old drivers alone.
| There are just too few developers, he says,
| and priorities must be set. In the former
| case developers might have to wait six
| months to get a decent wireless driver, but
| then will get great software, with power-
| saving, background scanning and other
| modern functions.
`----

http://www.ubuntu-user.com/Online/News/Advisory-Against-WiFi-Drivers-in-Linux-Staging-Tree

Recent:

PulseAudio Phonon Support now in KDE trunk and heading towards 4.4

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâve very pleased to announce that my work
| on Phonon to integrate support for
| PulseAudio has now been committed to trunk
| and will form part of KDE 4.4
`----

http://colin.guthr.ie/2009/11/pulseaudio-phonon-support-now-in-kde-trunk-and-heading-towards-4-4/

PulseAudio 0.9.20 Arrives With Fixes

,----[ Quote ]
| If you have been running into problems with
| PulseAudio on your system, an update has
| been made available this morning that you
| may want to try. PulseAudio 0.9.20 was
| released and it carries bug-fixes and
| translation updates, but not much more.
| Among the PulseAudio fixes are for the
| Bluetooth audio support, core fixes, and
| many ALSA-related changes.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzY5Mg

Letâs give PulseAudio a chance

,----[ Quote ]
| Poettering is concerned the in the upcoming
| Ubuntu release Canonical has âagainâ done âsome
| genius thingâ to make PulseAudio on Ubuntu
| perform worse than it could.
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/blog/talkingtech/2009/10/let_s_give_pulseaudio_a_chance

Open source identity: PulseAudio creator Lennart Poettering

,----[ Quote ]
| Thanks to PulseAudio, the Linux audio experience will
| become more context-aware. For example, if a video is
| running in one application the system should
| automatically reduce the volume of everything else
| and increase it when the video is finished.
`----

http://www.cio.com.au/article/320807/open_source_identity_pulseaudio_creator_lennart_poettering

PulseAudio 0.9.15 Brings Major Improvements

,----[ Quote ]
| With the release of PulseAudio 0.9.15 also comes an update to the PulseAudio
| Volume Control program. The PulseAudio Volume Control 0.9.8 update brings
| support for configuring sound card profiles and various other updates.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzIwMg

Adjust Volume of Individual Applications with PulseAudio

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/04/10/adjust-volume-of-individual-applications-with-pulseaudio/