[News] Object Consulting Moves Closer to Free/Open Source Software Business

  • Subject: [News] Object Consulting Moves Closer to Free/Open Source Software Business
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 15:54:04 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Enterprise integrator launches open source solution

,----[ Quote ]
| Systems integrator, Object Consulting, has
| struck an enterprise software partnership
| with open source vendor, Ingres.
`----

http://www.arnnet.com.au/article/327318/enterprise_integrator_launches_open_source_solution

Give and take

,----[ Quote ]
| So, why then have so many players turned
| their back on their moral obligation to
| repay the value open source has brought
| into their lives with an equal or
| reciprocal effort?
|
| The only answer I can think of is greed.
|
| Uninformed hardware vendors (who are
| feeling the pain of the economic downturn
| worse than the other players in the IT
| market) are some of the biggest culprits,
| bundling freely downloadable versions of
| Linux and products that aren't backed by
| any form of support infrastructure on their
| desktops, notebooks and servers â and
| claiming that they support open source.
`----

http://www.itweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28258:give-and-take&catid=203:open-source

Yesterday:

Insurer slashes $1m from costs with move to Linux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/australian-it/insurer-slashes-1m-from-costs-with-move-to-linux/story-e6frgakx-1225802661307