Re: [News][Rival]The Sugababes are the New Faces of Windows 7 Revealed

____/ Goblin on Tuesday 24 Nov 2009 23:36 : \____

> Robin T Cox wrote:
>> http://tech.bitchbuzz.com/the-sugababes-are-the-new-faces-of-windows-7.html
>>
>> <quote>
>> Yes, itâs so easy, even a girl band can use it!
>>
>> The videos are meant give us âinsightâ on âjust how simple Windows 7 is to
>> use and how it helps simplify [the Sugababesâ] hectic lives. â
>> </quote>
>>
>> See also:
>> http://www.computerweekly.com/blogs/witsend/2009/11/will-tech-companies-
>> ever-learn.html
>>
>> <quote>
>> A breathless Microsoft tells us, "They [the Sugababes] joined us to showcase
>> just how simple Windows 7 is and how it helps them manage their busy showbiz
>> lives."
>>
>> Finally! Something to help me manage my busy showbiz life! Microsoft, you
>> have me so figured out.
>>
>> Fair enough, I'd guess that lots of female consumers (and male, for that
>> matter) want an operating system that's intuitive and easy to use, and the
>> point of this campaign does seem to be to make it clear that Windows 7 is
>> exactly that.
>>
>> But why we are hearing this from a girl band whose main audience must be
>> pre-teen is a bit baffling. It's a perfect example of how tech companies
>> feel the need to make something glossy and pretty before women will even
>> glance at it. If I want something pretty, I'll buy a bloody necklace.
>> Everyone likes nice-looking technology (see the universal appeal of Apple)
>> but you do not need to make tech "glamourous" to make women want to buy it.
>> In fact, it puts a lot of them off.
>> </quote>
>>
> Lol...
>
> How often does Microsoft try to be "trendy" and how often does it fail?
>
> If its not MS store staff breaking into dance, its Windows 7 party
> ads...its all PR though, because even (IMO) Microsoft's customers are
> laughing at them.
>
> So what else can Microsoft do?  Well, it can run "competitions" for
> freebies where to enter you RT their tweets...great idea, get your
> desperate users to do your advertising and in doing so spam up Twitter
> with thousands of RT's.....

That would include Miguel de Microsoft and his recent Silverlight RTs ("omg omg omg").

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Luser is always a luser. You can't educate them. That's not what God
invented education for. That's what Simon invented LART for. -- Vadim
Cpu(s): 22.6%us,  5.0%sy,  0.1%ni, 70.6%id,  1.3%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.4%si,  0.0%st