[News] Sub-notebooks with GNU/Linux Drop Considerably in Price

  • Subject: [News] Sub-notebooks with GNU/Linux Drop Considerably in Price
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:52:21 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

New from Qualcomm: ARM Netbooks, Open Source Initiatives and New Technology

,----[ Quote ]
| Qualcomm invited everyone to their
| Innovation Event 2009 in London on
| November 22, where they presented the
| newest out of their research labs and gave
| a glimpse of where their journey was
| taking them. Of interest to us were the
| ARM netbooks and Qualcomm's newest open
| source team.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/New-from-Qualcomm-ARM-Netbooks-Open-Source-Initiatives-and-New-Technology

Black Friday Deals Online

,----[ Quote ]
| At the other hand Dell in the occasion of
| Black Friday offers Linux-based Dell
| Vostro
|
|  8.9-inch netbook with an 8 GB solid-state
|  drive for $184. One can get these deals
|  online.
`----

http://gizmopassion.com/?p=2955

Reorganizing the One Laptop Per Child Dream Team

,----[ Quote ]
| Sean Daly is not quite a hire apparently,
| but he seems to be turning into a sort of
| a credible public spokesman for the
| project within the community, something we
| sorely needed.
`----

http://www.olpcnews.com/commentary/refocusing/reorganizing_the_dream_olpc_v1.html

Recent:

Sharp NetWalker PC-Z1 mini-laptop unboxed

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.liliputing.com/2009/09/sharp-netwalker-pc-z1-mini-laptop-unboxed.html