[News] Eclipse 4 Gets Exceptionally Good

Eclipse 4 goes a mile further

,----[ Quote ]
| A graphical user interface (GUI) generated
| via an XML dialect, a concept already
| previously demonstrated by Mozilla years
| ago, is to become part of the next version
| of the free Eclipse development
| environment. Casually called "e4", the
| second milestone of the fourth version of
| Eclipse, has just been released.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Eclipse-4-goes-a-mile-further-867979.html

Crossroads in FOSS Projects: Some Business Considerations

,----[ Quote ]
| At our Seminar last month, Managing FOSS
| to Lower Costs and Achieve Business
| Results, several participants asked about
| the dynamics of FOSS (Free and Open Source
| Software) projects that reach a crossroads
| (a failure, a merger, loss of key
| personnel, etc). I had not expected that
| concern because with commercial software,
| it seems to me, the problem is more
| severe. When you have the source code and
| the right to modify and redistribute it,
| the source gives many more options (and
| its freedoms provide many more
| protections) than when commercial software
| goes bankrupt or gets bought by a
| competitor for instance.
`----

http://blog.remoteresponder.net/2009/11/24/crossroads-in-foss-projects-some-business-considerations/

Recent:

Google Chrome Developer Tools for Eclipse Users

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.chromium.org/2009/08/google-chrome-developer-tools-for.html