[News] New Deals and Products Around Embedded Linux

  • Subject: [News] New Deals and Products Around Embedded Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:04:23 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Wind River and Kontron buddy up

,----[ Quote ]
| Wind River and Kontron announced a global,
| multi-year agreement under which the embedded
| system manufacturer will distribute Wind River's
| VxWorks and Wind River Linux distributions. The
| agreement is expected to extend software and
| service offerings across a range of industries,
| says Wind River.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Wind-River-Kontron-partnership/?kc=rss

Low-cost Linux RTL and Gate-level simulator from Aldec

http://www.eeherald.com/section/new-products/np10010711.html

SYSGO announces ELinOS support for Freescale's i.MX25 Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| The i.MX25 family of multimedia applications
| processors extends Freescale's ARM9 portfolio by
| integrating many new features for the industrial
| and general embedded markets and by committing
| to ship these processors for at least 15 years
| from time of launch. When coupled with SYSGO's
| ELinOS industrial grade Linux operating system,
| the i.MX25 provides an ideal platform for
| challenging multimedia applications. Both
| technologies have been designed to support
| evolving, long-life applications, minimizing
| costly redesign.
`----

http://www.industrial-embedded.com/news/New+Products/19915

Recent:

The Embedded Market Beds Down with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/11/embedded-market-beds-down-with-linux.html