[News] HandBrake 0.9.4 Released, Blender 2.5 Now in Alpha

  • Subject: [News] HandBrake 0.9.4 Released, Blender 2.5 Now in Alpha
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:22:57 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

HandBrake 0.9.4 Released With a Whopping 1,000 Changes

,----[ Quote ]
| Popular open source video transcoder project
| HandBrake saw a new release this week with a
| boatload of new features, changes, and
| improvements. Many of version 0.9.4's changes
| optimize the application for better picture
| quality and performance while others make using
| the tool to rip DVDs a much friendlier
| experience.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/handbrake-0-9-4-released-with-a-whopping-1-000-changes

Blender 2.5 Alpha Brings Major Changes

,----[ Quote ]
| For those interested in 3D modeling and
| graphics, you will want to check out the first
| alpha release of Blender 2.5. Blender 2.5 is
| bringing major changes to this free software 3D
| graphics application. With Blender 2.5, the
| user-interface is being redesigned and bringing
| rewritten components like a new file browser,
| customizable tool shelf, support for multiple
| windows, and customizable keyboard shortcuts.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzc0MQ

Recent:

Blender Game Competition 2010