[News] Danish Parliament: ODF (OpenDocuemnt Format) Only

  • Subject: [News] Danish Parliament: ODF (OpenDocuemnt Format) Only
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:29:34 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Parliament said: ODF only

,----[ Quote ]
| Today the Danish Parliament said ODF only for
| public administration. The Minister of Science
| doesn't agree, so he will ask the Minister of
| Finance for advice. The Government is afraid
| that the decision will be too expensive.
`----

http://lodahl.blogspot.com/2009/11/parliament-said-odf-only.html

Recent:

DK: Chair of Denmark's standards committee: 'Microsoft is lying'

,----[ Quote ]
| Mogens KÃhn Pedersen, chair of the Danish
| Standards Committee, says Microsoft is
| lying when it says it will implement ISO
| OOXML in the next version of its suite of
| office applications.
|
| On Saturday Pedersen accused the software
| vendor of lying, in an article by the
| Danish news site Business.dk, part of the
| newspaper Berlingske Tidene. Pedersen,
| professor of Informatics at the Copenhagen
| Business School, on Monday afternoon
| confirmed his statement: "I realise these
| are blunt remarks to make as chair of the
| committee, but when you advise the
| government you have to tell the truth."
`----

http://www.osor.eu/news/dk-chair-of-denmarks-standards-committee-microsoft-is-lying

Related:

Denmark: OOXML Vote Won't Affect Public Sector

,----[ Quote ]
| Denmark's public sector will not be affected if Microsoft's latest file
| format is rejected or accepted by the International Organization for
| Standardization (ISO), a government official said Wednesday.
`----

http://www.cio.com/article/188850/Denmark_OOXML_Vote_Won_t_Affect_Public_Sector

Free Market vs the OOXML

,----[ Quote ]
| Supporting open standards does not equate to supporting standards for which
| ISO said are standards. It means supporting technologies which were designed
| to be fully interoperable, compatible and transparently documented so as to
| be fitting for use by a large number of people without forming a situation of
| lock-in to a particular company. An open standard is a technology whose inner
| workings are completely transparent and whose use does not constitute
| dependance on any particular product or company, and which is commonly used
| in the market.
`----

http://www.memeverse.com/2008/03/30/free-market-vs-the-ooxml/

OOXML News From Denmark