[News] FreeBSD 8.0 Reviewed and PREDICT Introduced

  • Subject: [News] FreeBSD 8.0 Reviewed and PREDICT Introduced
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 10:49:47 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

FreeBSD 8.0 Review: Enterprise Ready Server Operating System

,----[ Quote ]
| This release improves on the functionality
| of FreeBSD 7.2 and introduces often
| requested new features in jail, SMP-
| optimized scheduler, virtualization, virtual
| network stack, NFS4, and storage subsystem
| improvements. This the most impressive
| FreeBSD releases to date. Kudos to FreeBSD
| team for rolling out stable and feature rich
| enterprise ready FreeBSD 8 operating
| systems.
`----

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/freebsd-8-0-review-enterprise-ready-server-operating-system.html

Predict is an open-source, multi-user satellite tracking and orbital prediction program

,----[ Quote ]
| PREDICT is an open-source, multi-user
| satellite tracking and orbital prediction
| program written under the Linux operating
| system by John A. Magliacane, KD2BD. PREDICT
| is free software. Users may redistribute it
| and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU
| General Public License as published by the
| Free Software Foundation, either version 2
| of the License or any later version.
`----

http://ubuntulandforever.blogspot.com/2009/11/predict-is-open-source-multi-user.html

Days ago: