[News] Mandriva 2010 Glorified in New Detailed Review

  • Subject: [News] Mandriva 2010 Glorified in New Detailed Review
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 20:34:14 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Mandriva 2010 - I mean ... Wow!

,----[ Quote ]
| Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere is a happy
| time. Lots of fresh Linux distribution
| releases coming out, all ready for plucking
| and testing. Mandriva 2010 is one of those.
| Debuting two weeks ago, it has drawn many,
| mainly positive reviews, sparking intrigue
| and a desire to take it for a spin. The
| previous version, Mandriva 2009 was a decent
| distro, with some small issues here and
| there; overall it behaved nicely and gave
| the average desktop user a solid, unique
| package. So the big question for me is, what
| does Mandriva 2010 bring to the table?
|
| [...]
|
| It does not have the openSUSE corporate-
| leaning class or the Ubuntu userbase, but
| for the desktop user like you and me, it's
| everything you could ask for. I'm genuinely
| pleased and surprised. Mandriva 2010 is a
| keeper.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/mandriva-2010.html

Recent:

Mandriva releases USB Flash drive Linux distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux developer Mandriva has updated its
| operating-system-on-a-stick with the release of
| Mandriva Flash 2010, which includes a bootable
| version of the software on a USB Flash drive.
|
| Available from mid-December, Mandriva Flash
| 2010 puts the latest version of Mandriva Linux
| onto an 8GB Flash drive, which has 6GB free for
| a user's own documents and files.
`----

http://www.v3.co.uk/v3/news/2254023/mandriva-releases-linux-2010

Mandriva will be present at the Netbook World Summit 2009

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blog.mandriva.com/2009/11/26/mandriva-will-be-present-to-the-netbook-world-summit-2009/