[News] Dell Releases Chrome OS (Linux) for Sub-notebooks

  • Subject: [News] Dell Releases Chrome OS (Linux) for Sub-notebooks
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 09:34:34 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Dell Releases Customized Version of Chrome OS

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell has just released a customized version
| of Chromium OS, the open source code behind
| Google's new operating system called
| Chrome, in a build designed specifically
| for Dell Mini computers. According to a
| blog post on the Dell Community site,
| several company employees were inspired
| create this custom version after seeing
| Engadget's video showing Chrome OS running
| on a Vostro A860 netbook.
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/dell_releases_customized_version_of_chrome_os.php

Dell Offers Custom Chromium OS Download For Mini 10V

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell made the customized download available
| Friday, giving all Mini 10V owners the
| perfect weekend project. All you need to do
| in order to give Chromium OS a shot is a
| spare 8GB on a USB flash drive. Once
| downloaded, simply move the image onto the
| flash drive, plug it in-to your Mini 10V,
| and enjoy.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/183318/dell_offers_custom_chromium_os_download_for_mini_10v.html

Dell Customizes Chrome OS For The Dell Mini 10v

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-Open-Source/Dell-Customizes-Chrome-OS-For-The-Dell-Mini-10v-510639/

Making wise Black Friday PC buys

,----[ Quote ]
| As for Linux, there's not a lot to pick
| from, I had one deal I liked a lot, a
| Dell's Vostro A90 Netbook for $184. This is
| a nice netbook that comes with Ubuntu
| Linux, but it appears that they're already
| sold out. Sigh.
|
| Still, any netbook you can find will run
| desktop Linux successfully, so if you're
| heart is set on Linux, shop around. Even
| the most minimal-equipped netbook will
| still do well with Linux running on it.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/15155/making_wise_black_friday_pc_sales

Recent:

Dell Linux Engineering to participate in UDS-L (November 16-20)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://en.community.dell.com/blogs/direct2dell/archive/2009/11/16/dell-linux-engineering-to-participate-in-uds-l-dec-16-20.aspx