[News] Plymouth Coming Along Nicely in Linux Kernel Space

  • Subject: [News] Plymouth Coming Along Nicely in Linux Kernel Space
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 02:10:18 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Plymouth Gets Tighter Integration With GDM, X

,----[ Quote ]
| For about two years now Red Hat has been
| working on the Plymouth project to replace
| RHGB with this graphical boot program that
| leverages kernel mode-setting and other newer
| Linux innovations to provide a clean, flicker-
| free boot experience. Over the course of the
| past few Fedora releases, Plymouth has
| continued to pickup new features and is also
| now being used by Mandriva. While Plymouth
| already does a great job at mode-setting to
| the display's native resolution and then
| showing the selected Plymouth plug-in and then
| to switch over to GNOME's GDM quite smoothly
| as the X.Org Server starts up, this process is
| getting even smoother now.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzc0Ng

Recent:

Boot splash evolution in Mandriva Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| For some time, I've been working on adding Plymouth support for our next
| Mandriva Linux 2010 release, as graphical boot splash and I thought it could
| be interested to do a recap of the various solutions we used in our
| distribution over the years.
`----

http://blog.crozat.net/2009/08/boot-splash-evolution-in-mandriva-linux.html

Red Hat's Plymouth Sees New Activity