[News] Red Hat Expands, Introduction to RHEL 5.4 VMs

  • Subject: [News] Red Hat Expands, Introduction to RHEL 5.4 VMs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:01:44 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

John Bryce Training announces the opening of an advanced course for Red
Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators

http://www.trainingpressreleases.com/newsstory.asp?NewsID=4914

How to make KVM virtual machines in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.4 is the
| first enterprise Linux distribution that
| natively supports Kernel-based Virtual
| Machine (KVM) virtual machines (VMs).
| Previously, I covered how to set up RHEL as a
| KVM host. Here I explain how to create KVM
| VMs in a host. The easiest way to create a
| KVM virtual machine is through the virt-
| manager interface. Start this utility from a
| console window, and type the virt-manager
| command from an administrative account.
`----

http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com.au/articles/37408-How-to-make-KVM-virtual-machines-in-Red-Hat-Enterprise-Linux-5-4

Related:

CentOS 5.4 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The CentOS developers have announced the
| availability of version 5.4 for i386 and x86-64
| architectures. CentOS 5.4 is a free Linux
| distribution based on the source of Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux 5.4 (RHEL), which was released
| at the beginning of September. The 5.4 release
| includes several changes over version 5.3
| including both new and updated packages based
| on RHEL 5.4 and custom changes by the CentOS
| developers.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/CentOS-5-4-released-836325.html

Centos 5.4 is out! Upgrade centos 5.3 to 5.4

http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/493-centos-54-is-out-upgrade-centos-53-to-54