[News] Reviews of Ubuntu and Ubuntu Derivative Mint 8

  • Subject: [News] Reviews of Ubuntu and Ubuntu Derivative Mint 8
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 10:41:52 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

My 14 Days With Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| I canât believe it has been two weeks
| already that Iâve used Ubuntu Linux
| exclusively. If I had to sum up the
| experience 100x100ubuntuin one word, that
| word would be âsatisfying.â And my regular
| readers/listeners know that I canât sum
| anything up in one word, so I will use this
| format to provide a complete synopsis of my
| Ubuntu thoughts.
|
| [...]
|
| Will I continue to use Ubuntu? Absolutely,
| as my primary laptop? Will I give up my
| Windows PC? Not until all the support that
| I give lies only in Linux, which
| unfortunately wonât be any time soon.
`----

http://linux.bihlman.com/2009/11/30/my-14-days-with-ubuntu/

Linux Mint 8 (Helena) Released

,----[ Quote ]
| So far I have only installed Linux Mint 8
| on my two HP 2133 Mini-Notes - but they are
| probably two of the most difficult systems.
| I will add a short note here once I have it
| installed on all of the other systems, with
| notes and comments as necessary.
|
| By the way, I have already confirmed that
| Linux Mint 8 does not have the irritating
| 60-second delay on Logout/Reboot/Shutdown
| (Hooray!).
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10014538o-2000498448b,00.htm

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 170

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter,
| Issue #170 for the week November 22nd -
| November 28th, 2009. In this issue we
| cover: Jono Bacon: Introducing Lernid,
| Mackenzie Morgan Interview, New Developers,
| LoCo News: Maryland, Massachusetts, Chile &
| Nicaragua, Ubuntu Forums Tutorial of the
| Week, The Planet: Laura Czajkowski, Andres
| Rodriguez, Amber Graner, & Harald Sitter,
| Full Circle Magazine #31
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue170

Recent:

Linux Mint 8 âHelenaâ released!

,----[ Quote ]
| The 8th release of Linux Mint comes with
| numerous bug fixes and a lot of
| improvements. In particular Linux Mint 8
| comes with support for OEM installs, a
| brand new Upload Manager, the menu now
| allows you to configure custom places, the
| update manager now lets you define packages
| for which you donât want to receive
| updates,the software manager now features
| multiple installation/removal of software
| and many of the toolsâ graphical interfaces
| were enhanced.
`----

http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=1155

Linux Mint 8 Helena Screenshots