[News] Failure of Vista 7 Leads to Free Software

  • Subject: [News] Failure of Vista 7 Leads to Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 10:51:14 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

What Will We Use on June 30, 2011?

,----[ Quote ]
| customer: I upgraded from Vista Ultimate to
| Windows 7 Ultimate. When I did, Microsoft
| Mail program disappeared. I called Microsoft
| who told me to do this and that to bring it
| back but it still is not there. Do you have
| any suggestions for me?
|
| manager: Thatâs Microsoft for you.
|
| customer: Is there a separate Microsoft
| product I can buy to bring back Microsoft
| Mail?
|
| manger: No. Sorry. I donât carry anything
| like that. Sorry I can not help.
|
| ble: Mind if I make a suggestion?
|
| (exit stage left store manager)
|
| customer: Sure.
|
| ble: I am writing down a website were you can
| get a free mail program called âThunderbird.â
|
| customer: Yes! I have heard of that. I use
| Firefox too. I do not know why I never
| thought to use Thunderbird for my mail.
`----

http://whatwillweuse.com/2009/11/28/a-brother-for-my-mother-a-sister-to-my-neighbor/

Recent:

Thunderbird 3 RC out Monday

,----[ Quote ]
| THE OPEN SOURCE Mozilla Foundation is set
| to release the first Release Candidate of
| its email client Thunderbird 3 early next
| week.
|
| Big cheeses at Mozzarella say that RC 1 of
| Thunderbird 3 will be available for
| download as soon as Monday, with the final
| version expected later in November.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1561369/thunderbird-rc-monday

Thunderbird 3 RC1 Review (Desktop Email Client)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.zath.co.uk/thunderbird-3-rc1-review-desktop-email-client/