[News] Nokia Gets New Palm OS Emulator for Its Linux Platform

  • Subject: [News] Nokia Gets New Palm OS Emulator for Its Linux Platform
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:54:48 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

New Beta of Palm OS Emulator for Nokia Internet Tablets Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The most recent beta of the Palm OS emulator for
| Nokia Internet Tablets was set to expire, but
| Access Co. Ltd. has released a new one. This has
| no new other features, however.
`----

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=15937

Nokia To Release Linux-Based Phone Next Year

,----[ Quote ]
| Finnish cell phone maker Nokia is reportedly
| planning development of a single new Linux-based
| smartphone next year.
|
| A source told Reuters on Monday that Nokia has
| plans to unveil a new smartphone that would run
| on the Linux Maemo mobile operating system. The
| announcement may be troubling to some analysts
| who expected the firm to launch several Linux
| smartphones in an effort to outshine the
| competitors in Appleâs iPhone and Research In
| Motionâs Blackberry.
`----

http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/1792314/nokia_to_release_linuxbased_phone_next_year/

Old:

Nokia seen nosing around Palm

,----[ Quote ]
| The US and A appears to be rife with rumours that Finland's Nokia
| might be interested in failing PDA maker, Palm. Analysts just
| can't get their head around why it would be interested.

Palm shares rising on Nokia bid rumor

,----[ Quote ]
| It's also developing a new Linux-based
| operating system called Maemo that could
| vault it into the smart phone market in the
| U.S.
`----

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/techchron/detail?&entry_id=51603

Nokia Rumored To Buy Palm Triggers Stock Surge

http://www.i4u.com/article28349.html

Nokia ditching Symbian for Maemo?

,----[ Quote ]
| The world's largest mobile phone maker Nokia
| is reportedly contemplating of moving all its
| N-series devices to open source Linux-based
| Maemo 5 platform from the current Symbian
| platform by 2012. But is it a good idea?
`----

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/20091130/nokia-ditching-symbian-maemo.htm

Nokia "not prepared" for smartphone onslaught; could sell its handset business

,----[ Quote ]
| In an interview published this morning in the
| German magazine Wirtschaftwoche, Mr. Vanjoki,
| who is also Nokia's head of marketing, admits
| too that his company needs to work harder to
| improve its mobile Internet products if it is
| to to stay in contention with the likes of
| Apple, Google and Research in Motion - the
| manufacturer of the increasingly popular
| Blackberry PDAs.
`----

http://www.telecomtv.com/comspace_newsDetail.aspx?n=45791&id=e9381817-0593-417a-8639-c4c53e2a2a10#

âAnd the survey says: Nokia N900 is a developers dream!

,----[ Quote ]
| Because the Nokia N900 is based on a Linux OS
| it is completely open-source, which means
| apps no longer have to be based solely on the
| Symbian platform. In this sense, the N900
| opens up Nokia to a whole new cattle of
| developers, which means a load of new,
| innovative, and useful applications, widgets
| and features for the N900. But donât just
| take our word for itâ
`----

http://noknok.tv/2009/11/25/and-the-survey-says-nokia-n900-is-a-developers-dream/

15 Ways Nokiaâs N900 Is Better Than Appleâs iPhone (and 5 ways itâs not)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.starryhope.com/nokia-n900/2009/15-ways-nokias-n900-is-better-than-apples-iphone-and-5-ways-its-not/