[News] What GNU/Linux Can Achieve That Windows Cannot

  • Subject: [News] What GNU/Linux Can Achieve That Windows Cannot
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 10:25:29 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Some Things Linux Can Do, That Windows Wonât.

,----[ Quote ]
| 4) Automatically update all my software and
| the OS.
|
| With Windows, I notice that there  are
| regular updates, patches, security, fixes,
| etc. to the OS. With Linux, my updates include
| the OS as well as all the applications!
| Needless to say, I'm happy that I can obtain
| the latest features, fixes, updates etc. in
| one update action on Linux, without having to
| manually update each application (which I have
| to do on my Windows box).
`----

http://ubuntulinuxhelp.com/some-things-linux-can-do-that-windows-wont/

Recent:

Linux Picks Up Where Windows FAIL!

,----[ Quote ]
| So; knowing that, we tried it on my installation of Fedora and I tried it
| with Epiphany and Firefox and BoYAH! Weâre in! Just one more reason to switch
| from Windows to Linux. Linux can get you into online banking.
`----

http://www.fergytech.com/2009/06/linux-picks-up-where-windows-fail/

LiberKey applications work on Debian through Wine

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://pkrishnan.net/many-liberkey-applications-work-on-debian-through-wine/