[News] eCube Spreads GNU/Linux, SunGard Builds Own GNU/Linux Platform

  • Subject: [News] eCube Spreads GNU/Linux, SunGard Builds Own GNU/Linux Platform
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 10:35:47 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

eCube Delivers Linux on System z Support for NXTera High Performance Middleware

,----[ Quote ]
| eCube Systems, a leader in legacy evolution
| and application modernization, today announced
| that it has achieved the IBM Ready for LINUX
| mark for its NXTeraâ high performance
| middleware. This mark certifies NXTera has met
| compatibility and integration specifications
| established by IBM for LINUX on the System z
| mainframe, which run the daily computer
| transactions for many of the world's top banks
| and multinational firms.
`----

http://www.prweb.com/releases/entera-nxtera-linux/ibm-ready-system-z/prweb3270274.htm

SunGardâs MarketMap Provides Tinbergen Asset Management with Real-Time Financial Information

,----[ Quote ]
| SunGardâs MarketMap provides Tinbergen with
| real-time market data flows that can help the
| company automate and streamline its processes
| for monitoring real-time market information,
| ranging from asset prices to executed orders.
| The solutionâs Java-based feed offered easy
| integration with Tinbergenâs existing systems,
| using the firmâs Linux platform.
`----

http://www.bobsguide.com/guide/news/2009/Dec/2/SunGard%E2%80%99s_MarketMap_Provides_Tinbergen_Asset_Management_with_Real-Time_Financial_Information.html

Related:

Microsoft urges resellers to play it straight, beef up revs

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has claimed that each dollar it âlosesâ to software piracy equals
| $5.50 in âlost opportunitiesâ to the firmâs channel partners.
|
| A Microsoft-sponsored white paper (pdf) released by IT analyst house IDC
| yesterday highlights the effects of copyright infringement on the software
| ecosystem across the tech industry.
|
| [...]
|
| The BSA has claimed that the value of just PC software that was counterfeited
| in 2007 was close to $50bn worldwide.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/07/10/microsoft_idc_piracy_claims/

The Power of Perception