[News] List of Web Design Applications for GNU/Linux (Ubuntu)

  • Subject: [News] List of Web Design Applications for GNU/Linux (Ubuntu)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 00:52:37 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Resources - 12 Indispensable Web Design Apps for Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| The reason that millions of users worldwide
| choose to use Ubuntu over other operating
| system is its ease of use. The clue is in the
| name, with âUbuntuâ meaning âhumanity towards
| othersâ and also the name of a South African
| ideology. It was designed to be user-
| friendly, and there are a whole range of apps
| available, often to download for free, which
| make it even more so. You can tailor Ubuntu
| to suit your web development and design
| needs, but there are hundreds and hundreds of
| apps to choose from, many of which prove
| services difficult to differentiate between.
| So, like a web development app filter, weâve
| saved you some time and selected the best 12
| Ubuntu apps out there.
`----

http://thinkdesignblog.com/resources-12-indispensable-web-design-apps-for-ubuntu.htm

Related:

Web designing with Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| As a freelance web designer, I really thought migrating to Ubuntu Linux will
| give me a really hard time. I never thought that Ubuntu Linux has a very good
| graphic design tool that can do what I am doing with Photoshop. Although Gimp
| is still way too different with Photoshop, I still see Gimp as a very
| powerful tool in graphic and web designing. It also possess features that
| Photoshop has.
`----

http://pinoy-blog.isoftinno.com/2007/10/23/web-designing-with-ubuntu/

Linux and Web Development Part 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall I'm still absolutely pleased with my switch from Windows to
| Linux both at home and at work. If anything I honestly think I work
| faster, smarter, and happier. Given my recent experience with hard
| drive failure, I'm glad Linux provided the functionality to get back up
| and running very quickly and easily. I'll definitely be looking into
| some automated nightly backup solutions over the next few days due to
| the fact that a RAID setup isn't in the cards for me just yet. I don't
| plan on retreating back to Windows any time soon and I look forward to
| working with Linux for a long time to come. I?m not trying to push
| anyone into checking out Linux and switching, just cataloging my
| experiences thus far.
`----

http://mondaybynoon.com/2006/09/11/linux-and-web-development-part-2/

Nvu for Linux: Frontpage Who?

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Inside - In an effort to bring you the best speed and
| functionality possible, Nvu is running off of Mozilla's Gecko engine.
| This helps to give the developer the speed they need to get the job
| done right.
|
| FTP Ability with One-Click Simplicity - Frankly, we believe that all
| HTML editors really out to be offering this feature by default. Nvu not
| only offers this, they make setting it up a snap as well.
|
| [...]
|
| In the end, Nvu is a fantastic editor for those looking to have all
| the functionality they could ever need from a HTML editor. However,
| if you still feel it's too simplistic, then we'd recommend looking
| into Quanta Plus, which is a more developer friendly alternative.
`----

http://madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=7600

Online music school saves cash with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Her experience has been so good, Hoefner recommends other Web developers take
| a hard look at Linux.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/121369

3 months with Mandriva 2008 (production use)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://checkerap.com/2007/12/22/3-months-with-mandriva-2008-production-use/