[News] More Defence of the Potential of Google's GNU/Linux (Chrome OS)

  • Subject: [News] More Defence of the Potential of Google's GNU/Linux (Chrome OS)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 17:27:56 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Chrome OS: Rise of the lean, mean netbook

,----[ Quote ]
| After Googleâs Chrome OS Open Source
| announcement two weeks ago, itâs looking like
| Google is out to change the world again â this
| time by dominating operating systems. With
| Google and its device partners gearing up to
| drop the first Chrome OS netbooks on us by
| yearâs end, 2010 may well be called the Year
| of the Netbook.
`----

http://venturebeat.com/2009/12/03/chrome-os-rise-of-the-lean-mean-netbook/

Recent:

Combining Chrome OS With Android Looks Like Google's Endgame

,----[ Quote ]
| Now that Google has unveiled Chrome OS, it
| has to make sure it doubles down on
| Chrome's exposure.
|
| With Chrome OS a potentially disruptive
| operating system in a market long-dominated
| by Google arch rival Microsoft, the
| backlash against Chrome will be quick and
| unrelenting if Google doesn't have a solid
| long-term plan in place. Several Microsoft
| partners are already on record as saying
| Chrome OS is "all talk."
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/221900671;jsessionid=YX2Y04SPPVYVHQE1GHPCKHWATMY32JVN

Yahoo Should Buy Microsoft