[News] digiKam 1.0 Imminent, KDE Raises Funds

  • Subject: [News] digiKam 1.0 Imminent, KDE Raises Funds
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 11:33:09 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

digiKam approaches 1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Digital photographs can be something of a
| pain. With the storage capacities available
| today, it is easy to take thousands of
| pictures, with no regard for the cost. With
| film cameras, there was an incremental cost
| for each shot taken and each print made,
| which tended to reduceâbut not eliminateâ
| the problem of organizing a photo
| collection. With digital photos, though,
| there are programs like digiKam that can
| assist in this task. As digiKam approaches
| its 1.0 release it seems like a good time
| to see what it can do.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/363460/

Krita Team Seeking Sponsorship to Take Krita to Next Level

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/12/02/krita-team-seeking-sponsorship-take-krita-next-level

Wow -- what a great community!

,----[ Quote ]
| Our ace webmaster, Kubuntiac has been
| telling me he warned me this had happened
| to others, but I simply hadn't expected so
| many people -- 89 already -- to care enough
| about Krita that they wanted to help us!
`----

http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi/2009/12/03#krita-fundraiser

Graphics Application Krita Gets Photoshop Import

,----[ Quote ]
| Following the release of KOffice 2.1,
| developers of the free office suite met
| last weekend in Norway's Oslo. Among them
| were the five strong team from Krita.
`----

http://www.ubuntu-user.com/Online/News/Graphics-Application-Krita-Gets-Photoshop-Import

Recent:

digiKam 1.0.0-beta6 released...

,----[ Quote ]
| 6th beta release of digiKam 1.0.0 is out...
| With this release, 89 files have been closed
| to Bugzilla since 1.0.0-beta5.
`----

http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/484

Color Management in digiKam

,----[ Quote ]
| In most cases, you donât have to worry about
| color management (see Ken Rockwellâs
| explanation why color management is a non-
| issue for most photographers). But if you do
| need to take control of colors, digiKamâs got
| you covered.
`----

http://scribblesandsnaps.wordpress.com/2009/11/09/color-management-in-digikam/

KDE4 apps: digiKam

,----[ Quote ]
| DigiKam is an application to manage your digital photos professionally, with
| a claim of: âManage your photographs like a professional, with the power of
| Open Sourceâ.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde4-apps-digikam/

digiKam is da blast!

,----[ Quote ]
| Discovering a new program that meets all your expectations, surpasses them
| and then gives you a backrub and a monthly subscription to Top Gear magazine
| is a very pleasant prospect. It's like a hidden 100-dollar note you find in
| the back pocket of a pair of jeans in your laundry basket. digiKam fits into
| this category.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/digikam.html

Krita has got a new website!