[News] Campaigns Are Mapping the Earth for OpenStreetMap

  • Subject: [News] Campaigns Are Mapping the Earth for OpenStreetMap
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 13:04:01 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

HiperBarrio Maps San Javier La Loma with Open Street Maps

,----[ Quote ]
| Last Saturday Fredy Rivera, a leading mapper
| of Open Street Maps based in BogotÃ,
| organized a workshop at the small public
| library in La Loma to teach its young
| residents how to make a map of their own
| community.
`----

http://rising.globalvoicesonline.org/blog/2009/12/05/hiperbarrio-maps-san-javier-la-loma-with-open-street-maps/

Potlatch/Openstreetmap going proprietary ?

,----[ Quote ]
| ActionScript 3 !? Wait, that means NO more
| access for free software users!
|
| What a pity, such an exemplar case of good
| open SWF practice (sources buildable with
| free software, binaries playable with free
| software) coming to an end.
`----

http://www.gnashdev.org/?q=node/72

Recent:

How To Organize A Mapping Party

,----[ Quote ]
| We had a mapping party at NIT Calicut
| recently. After the first day of the event I
| shared some ideas to make such mapping
| parties better with GeoHackers team.
|
| [...]
|
| Maps are created at this stage. The data we
| have mined are ordered, analyzed, and
| tagged. We need to make sure that all the
| team follows a naming convention or comment.
| The coordinator should watch for over
| marking / mis-marking of the same location.
| Once the data is properly tagged, it is time
| to upload it to the OSM server.
`----

http://playingwithsid.blogspot.com/2009/11/how-to-organize-mapping-party.html

FLOSS Weekly 81: OpenStreetMap.org