[News] [Rival] Microsoft Reduced to Another MAFIAA (MPAA/RIAA): Sues the World for Money

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Reduced to Another MAFIAA (MPAA/RIAA): Sues the World for Money
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 14:06:09 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

"It's easier for our software to compete with Linux when there's piracy
than when there's not."

                   --Bill Gates

Microsoft declares 'consumer action day' to help fight piracy

,----[ Quote ]
| Software giant Microsoft declared yesterday
| to be a consumer action day, and took part
| in a global effort to clamp down on software
| piracy.
`----

http://www.mxlogic.com/securitynews/web-security/microsoft-declares-consumer-action-day-to-help-fight-piracy258.cfm

Microsoft escalates war on piracy with 300 cases around the world

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2009/12/microsoft_esclates_war_on_piracy.html

Epic Computer must pay Microsoft for pirated software

,----[ Quote ]
| A Lubbock judge has ordered a Plainview
| businessman to pay Microsoft more than
| $1,000 in damages after the court ruled he
| violated Microsoft copyrights and
| trademarks, KCBD-TV reported.
`----

http://www.myplainview.com/articles/2009/11/30/breaking_news/doc4b1436d8cdaae953827208.txt

Fresno firm BC Tech Gear sued by Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is suing a Fresno tech company in
| federal court, accusing it of copyright and
| trademark infringement and software piracy.
`----

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/crime/story/1735399.html

Microsoft sues local man & wins

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft asked for nearly $1 million in
| punitive damages. The judge said in his
| written order that Microsoft's request was
| excessive.   Instead, the judge ordered Rose
| to pay $1,500 in actual damages and $3,000
| in attorney fees.
`----

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=11588757

Microsoft throws book at software counterfeiters

http://www.tgdaily.com/software-features/44919-microsoft-throws-book-at-software-counterfeiters

Hot on the heels of Cyber Monday, it's Microsoft's Consumer Action Day

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/microsoftpri0/2010418720_hotontheheelsofcybermondayitsmicrosoftsconsumeractionday.html

Microsoft Launches Lawsuits In Piracy Crackdown

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20091203-714866.html

Microsoft launches attack on pirates, counterfeiters

http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/187090.asp?from=blog_last3

Microsoft attacks counterfeiters

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/opinion/1564526/microsoft-attacks-conterfeiters

Microsoft Steps Up War On Software Piracy

http://mystateline.com/content/fulltext/?cid=120171

Microsoft launches next phase of anti-piracy campaign

http://channel.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=21467

Last week:

Microsoft: âPiracy no longer poses a threat to usâ

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://freakbits.com/microsoft-piracy-no-longer-poses-a-threat-to-us-1202