[News] Children Love GNU/Linux, Find It Intuitive

  • Subject: [News] Children Love GNU/Linux, Find It Intuitive
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 13:45:09 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Itâs definitely workingâ

,----[ Quote ]
| Both my kids use Ubuntu at home; they are 5 &
| 9. They skip easily between Ubuntu & the
| Windows machines they use at school and with
| their friends. They also switch without
| difficulty between applications too. When
| necessary James does his homework in
| OpenOffice.org and takes a USB stick to school
| with the files saved in a nasty proprietary
| format.
`----

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2009/12/07/its-definitely-working/

Tux Typing for kids- A Tuxy alternative to Mavis Beacon.

,----[ Quote ]
| Mavis Beacon without a doubt, is the most
| popular typing package in the world. However, a
| less known but better alternative to Mavis
| Beacon is Tux Typing. This cross platform open
| source typing application is designed to be
| intuitive, fun and educative with a special
| emphasis on children. It features the ever
| funny Tux-the official mascot of Linux- as the
| tutor.
`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2009/12/tux-typing-for-kids-tuxy-alternative-to.html

Recent:

Parent group to Microsoft: Stop supporting 'Family Guy'

,----[ Quote ]
| The Parents Television Council, which aims
| to protect children from sex, violence and
| profanity on TV, is calling for Microsoft to
| stop advertising on the popular show "Family
| Guy."
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/185738.asp

Parents Group Asks Microsoft to Drop All "Family Guy" Ads

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft found out that Seth MacFarlane's
| one-hour "Family Guy" special was filled
| with jokes about the Holocaust, Mother
| Theresa and incest they canceled their
| sponsorship. Now, the same busybodies that
| got the FCC to fine ABC for daring to show a
| bare ass on "NYPD Blue" have asked them to
| go one step further.
`----

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2009/11/parents_group_asks_microsoft_t.php

Parents Group to Microsoft: Pull All Family Guy Ads

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.appscout.com/2009/11/parents_group_to_microsoft_pul.php