[News] CrunchPad is Back! (Under New Name)

CrunchPad reborn as JooJoo

,----[ Quote ]
| Monday morning, former TechCrunch partner
| Fusion Garage revealed details of its plans to
| release its Linux-based Web browsing tablet.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-19882_3-10410393-250.html

The market for humanitarianism

,----[ Quote ]
| OLPC is not by any means going quietly into the
| night in the face of stiff competition. The
| company just completed the distribution of the
| XO-1 to 415,000 elementary schools in Uruguay.
| In addition, OLPC recently inked deals with
| Rwanda for 120,000 computers and Peru for
| 294,000 computers. In just three short years,
| OLPC has managed to sell over a million
| computers to some 31 countries. Kane proudly
| notes, âIndeed if a company would build a
| netbook that would have our qualities of low
| power and ruggedness, we would love to be out
| of the hardware business. We would love to have
| someone providing that machine at the right
| price point.â Yet it remains clear to Kane and
| his company that the XO-1 is still the only
| product suitable for meeting the needs of early
| childhood education in poorer countries.
`----

http://www.tuftsdaily.com/the-market-for-humanitarianism-1.2114721

Yesterday:

Fedora devs keeping OLPC sweet with Sugar

,----[ Quote ]
| Developer Sebastian Dzialias (who was also
| in the OLPC session), said that a new
| version of Sugar on a Stick was coming this
| Tuesday - codenamed Blueberry.  It's a good
| thing too, the promise of the XO and its
| desktop, deserves better than to end up in
| a landfill.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2009/12/fedora-devs-keeping-olpc-sweet.html

OLPC's Netbook Impact on Laptop PC Industry

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.olpcnews.com/commentary/impact/olpc_netbook_impact_on_laptop.html