[News] OpenOffice.org Market Share Estimated

Question of the Day: Whatâs the real market share of OpenOffice.org ?

,----[ Quote ]
| In this regard, what we witnessed in Orvieto
| was important. For the first time we
| recorded about a dozen regions, states and
| any sort of upper administrative layers in
| many countries (Italy, Germany, South
| America, India, etc.) that migrated to
| OpenOffice.org and is effectively using it.
| In some countries, some of them earth giants
| and some others lesser giants, we witnessed
| purely and simply a national uptake. Brazil
| is a very telling example of this. It
| started by Brazilian states and the
| migration went up to the federal state.
| After that it reached large central
| administrations, central banks, large
| companies, and is now spreading to small
| businesses. We estimate today between 7 and
| 30 Million professional desktops that have
| been migrated to OpenOffice.org in Brazil.
| It is always possible that Brazilian
| citizens themselves are craving for MS
| Office and therefore lined up in IT stores
| to purchase licenses from Microsoft but
| local observers seemed skeptical of that.
| Brazil, some might think, might be the
| exception in all this (even if it were, what
| are you doing of their market share?) but we
| got very clear reports that such phenomena
| are witnessed elsewhere; albeit on a reduced
| scale. OpenOffice.org is gaining users in
| almost every public sector in the world, and
| gaining many more in the private sector
| (both small and large companies) while itâs
| quickly becoming the well known free (as in
| beer) alternative to Microsoft Office at
| home.
`----

http://standardsandfreedom.net/index.php/2009/12/07/question-of-the-day-whats-the-real-market-share-of-openofficeorg/

Copying multiple sheets at once in Calc spreadsheets

http://openoffice.blogs.com/openoffice/2009/12/copying-multiple-sheets-at-once-in-calc-spreadsheets.html

Openoffice.org- Play starwars galaxy easter egg in Calc

http://www.unixmen.com/linux-gaming/618-openofficeorg-play-starwars-galaxy-easter-egg-in-calc

Recent:

DK: RÃdovre municipality: OpenOffice will be cheaper to maintain

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.osor.eu/news/dk-rodovre-municipality-openoffice-will-be-cheaper-to-maintain