[News] Explanation About Where Microsoft Derives Lies About GNU/Linux Market Share from

  • Subject: [News] Explanation About Where Microsoft Derives Lies About GNU/Linux Market Share from
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 19:10:35 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

GNU/Linux has third of global netbook share

,----[ Quote ]
| Asked how Microsoft could claim that 93
| percent of netbooks had its operating
| systems on them, Orr said the figures they
| were drawing on were only for the United
| States.
|
| And he added that Microsoft did not
| include Dell in its figures as the company
| was selling directly to the public.
|
| He said it was not possible to extrapolate
| figures for one region based on those of
| another as the usage patterns were totally
| different.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/29909/1090/

Linux Owns 1/3 Of The Netbook Marketshare

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2009/12/linux-owns-13-of-the-netbook-marketshare/

Netbook World Summit: Worth A Look?

,----[ Quote ]
| The Netbook World Summit (NWS) is coming
| to town. That is, if you live in Paris,
| France. December 8th 2009 will mark the
| 2nd year of the annual Netbook Summit.
| Itâs an international conference designed
| to chat, engage and examine the emerging
| netbook market. This year, itâll be at the
| swanky Parisian âCyclone â Le Studio.â But
| is there really a need for a big event
| about a tiny computer? We sure think so.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2009/12/08/netbook-world-summit-worth-a-look/

Recent:

KDE Plasma Netbook Preview