[News] Cisco and IBM Spread GNU/Linux on New Range of Servers

  • Subject: [News] Cisco and IBM Spread GNU/Linux on New Range of Servers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 17:37:57 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Cisco gets into SMB space with new Linux routers

,----[ Quote ]
| Cisco is a top vendor in the networking
| arena and are fairly ubiquitous in
| enterprise environments. With the
| acquisition of Linksys, Cisco was able to
| enter into the consumer market to provide
| routing and switching for home networks with
| a proven brand.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/networking/?p=2317

IBM open sources high-performance file system

,----[ Quote ]
| "As the popularity of Linux-based computing
| clustering grows, so does the need for
| simplified and highly performing file
| management software that is able to function
| across many hardware platforms," said VP of
| Deep Computing at IBM, David Turek.
`----

http://news.techworld.com/operating-systems/5021/ibm-open-sources-high-performance-file-system/

IBM's newest mainframe is all Linux