[News] BSD and GNU Find and Look for More Glory

  • Subject: [News] BSD and GNU Find and Look for More Glory
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 18:08:35 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Free Software Foundation Drums Up Community Team

,----[ Quote ]
| Richard Stallman's free software organization
| seeks to assemble a loose and open group of
| supporters on a voluntary basis to distribute
| information on the Web and promote free
| software.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Free-Software-Foundation-Drums-Up-Community-Team

Juniper Networks backs FreeBSD with MIPS port

http://www.freebsdnews.net/2009/12/09/juniper-networks-backs-freebsd-with-mips-port/

Recent:

FreeNAS 0.7 adds ZFS support

,----[ Quote ]
| The FreeNAS developers have announced the
| availability of version 0.7 of FreeNAS (code
| named Khasadar), a FreeBSD-based Network-
| attached storage (NAS) UNIX-like server
| operating system. FreeNAS includes a full Web
| configuration graphical user interface (GUI)
| and supports the FTP, NFS, CIFS (Samba), AFP,
| rsync and iSCSI protocols and software RAID
| (0,1,5).
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/FreeNAS-0-7-adds-ZFS-support-853475.html

LiveUSB OpenBSD project at sourceforge