[News] Mandriva Family Shows Cutting-edge Features

  • Subject: [News] Mandriva Family Shows Cutting-edge Features
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 02:10:29 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Exploring New Nepomuk Features in Mandriva Linux 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| You have probably heard of Nepomuk, the
| semantic desktop technology we've been
| shipping for a while as part of the KDE
| Platform. However, so far, you may not
| have noticed it really doing very much
| useful for you. So what is this thing
| called Nepomuk, what can it do for us now
| and what will it bring us in the future?
| We asked two of the driving forces behind
| Nepomuk, StÃphane LauriÃre and Sebastian
| TrÃg of Mandriva, to tell us about the
| real Nepomuk features that are already
| available in KDE software and those that
| have been introduced with Mandriva Linux
| 2010.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/12/10/exploring-new-nepomuk-features-mandriva-linux-2010

Caixa MÃgica experimenta Linux no novo MagalhÃes [Mandriva based]

http://tek.sapo.pt/noticias/computadores/caixa_magica_experimenta_linux_no_novo_magalh_1033434.html

The Perfect Server - Mandriva 2010.0 Free (x86_64) [ISPConfig 2]

,----[ Quote ]
| This tutorial shows how to set up a
| Mandriva 2010.0 Free (x86_64) server that
| offers all services needed by ISPs and
| hosters: Apache web server (SSL-capable),
| Postfix mail server with SMTP-AUTH and
| TLS, BIND DNS server, Proftpd FTP server,
| MySQL server, Dovecot POP3/IMAP, Quota,
| Firewall, etc. In the end you should have
| a system that works reliably, and if you
| like you can install the free webhosting
| control panel ISPConfig 2 (i.e., ISPConfig
| runs on it out of the box). This tutorial
| is written for the 64-bit version of
| Mandriva 2010.0.
`----

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-mandriva-2010.0-free-x86_64-ispconfig-2

Mandriva: The Choice of a New(bie) Generation?

,----[ Quote ]
| The recommended download is called âOneâ,
| a 32bit only Live CD available in many
| languages with either the KDE or GNOME
| desktop environment. This edition includes
| closed source software such as proprietary
| kernel drivers and Adobe Flash.
|
| Taking this version one step further is
| the âPowerPackâ, which is not available
| free of charge. This edition includes even
| more proprietary software, as well as
| providing commercial support. The website
| lists the following software:
|
|     Flash
|     Fluendo DVD Reader
|     Fluendo Codecs
|     Acrobat Reader
|     Skype
|     Opera
|     Arkeia
|     VMWare
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7643/1.html

Recent:

Back From The Wilderness With Mandriva One 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| So, as you can probably tell, I'm really
| impressed with Mandriva One 2010 â so much so
| that I'm not sure I can be bothered burning
| any of those other distro ISOs onto CDs just
| yet.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2009/12/back-from-wilderness-with-mandriva-one.html

Mandriva 2010 - I mean ... Wow!

,----[ Quote ]
| Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere is a happy
| time. Lots of fresh Linux distribution
| releases coming out, all ready for plucking
| and testing. Mandriva 2010 is one of those.
| Debuting two weeks ago, it has drawn many,
| mainly positive reviews, sparking intrigue
| and a desire to take it for a spin. The
| previous version, Mandriva 2009 was a decent
| distro, with some small issues here and
| there; overall it behaved nicely and gave
| the average desktop user a solid, unique
| package. So the big question for me is, what
| does Mandriva 2010 bring to the table?
|
| [...]
|
| It does not have the openSUSE corporate-
| leaning class or the Ubuntu userbase, but
| for the desktop user like you and me, it's
| everything you could ask for. I'm genuinely
| pleased and surprised. Mandriva 2010 is a
| keeper.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/mandriva-2010.html

Mandriva 2010 One Top Notch Version For Wireless Or Multimedia Use.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://pdvossen.wordpress.com/2009/12/03/mandriva-2010-one-top-notch-version-for-wireless-or-multimedia-use/