[News] Linux-powered SheevaPlug Reviewed

Reviewed: SheevaPlug development kit

,----[ Quote ]
| Is it possible to cram a whole Linux
| server into something the size of a plug?
| Apparently it is - Marvell has combined
| gigabit Ethernet, flash storage and an ARM
| CPU with a full install of Ubuntu to
| produce the tiniest Linux server we've
| seen for some time. Can you resist the
| power of your geek hardware lust? If not,
| don't read on...
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/reviewed-sheevaplug-development-kit

802.11n: Fast Wi-Fi's long, tortuous road to standardization

,----[ Quote ]
| For a technology that's all about being fast,
| 802.11n Wi-Fi sure took its sweet time to
| become a standard.
|
| In fact, until September 2009, it wasn't,
| officially, even a standard. But that didn't
| stop vendors from implementing it for several
| years beforehand, causing confusion and upset
| when networking gear that used draft
| standards from different suppliers wouldn't
| always work at the fastest possible speed
| when connected.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9141692/802.11n_Fast_Wi_Fi_s_long_tortuous_road_to_standardization_

Recent:

Debian NAS project turns to SheevaPlug

,----[ Quote ]
| Martin Michlmayr has published several
| guides about running Debian on the Linksys
| NSLU2 ("Slug") router/NAS device,
| including one on migrating a Debian NSLU2
| installation to Marvell's SheevaPlug NAS
| design. With the latest guides on
| troubleshooting, booting, modifying, and
| cloning Debian on the NSLU2, the
| documentation is essentially complete,
| says Michlmayr.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Debian-for-NSLU2-and-SheevaPlug/

ARM-based Linux PC in a plug comes to the UK

,----[ Quote ]
| Marvell has introduced an ARM-based Linux PC in a plug for Â63. Called
| SheevaPlug, the device is a reference design, evaluation kit, and usable home
| server rolled into one, and is a shrunk version of the US-only SheevaPlug
| released earlier this year.
`----

http://www.electronicsweekly.com/blogs/open-source-linux/2009/06/arm-based-linux-pc-in-a-plug-comes-to-the-uk.html

SheevaPlug: the NSLU2 killer